Jan 12, 2011

Unexpected Things

I heard a quote the other day while I was watching Remember The Titans.  Bertier (one of the main characters) said” When something unexpected comes, you gotta pick it up an run with it.”  After I heard it I kept thinking about it and how it makes sense.  We cannot always be afraid of something unexpected or fear what life has to throw in our path.  Its an open opportunity to pick it up and run.

Everything that is thrown into our paths can end in two ways, something negative or something positive.  While we may struggle with things in life, it gives us an opportunity to learn something else or opens the door to new things.  Many people struggle with something different.  Its a chance to pick it up and run with it, see where it takes you.  Sometimes it takes you to higher places and allows you to try something unexpected.  Or if you leave it, it can bring  you down and destroy you.

I think unexpected things happen to us for a reason.  Or why would they happen.  I have been trying to not let something unexpected bring me down or stop me in my tracks instead I try to follow it, pick it up and run to see where it takes me.  Sure I may struggle, but every struggle has an end.

No comments: