Jan 26, 2011

The First Apostle

I am in the process of reading a book called "The First Apostle", actually I am almost finished with it. It was one of those books I seen on the shelf and wondered if I would like it, so I picked it up for something to do, something to read and maybe I will like it and the author: James Becker. It's one of those books about codes and things and something super popular: the church and church's secrets. I already told Tom that I can see people going overboard and saying it's truth the way they did with The Da Vinci Code.

As I was reading it and coming to my own conclusions about the storyline and the code within the book. I started to wonder about the secrets hidden throughout the region. They may not have been hidden on purpose but through time and changes, things become hidden such as the real location of Christ's tomb or even if there are other things that the apostles wrote. Im not saying there are or if there are that they could alter everything we believe, but the contrary: prove the truth within the Bible. Im sure if such a thing existed people would debate it they way humans tend to debate everything we find.

I know there were periods in history when Christianity was illegal; heck still is in some places. What if there are things hidden throughout the world. Maybe not even with Christianity, what if there are druid relics hidden in Ireland or Buddhist relics in India. Im sure there are relics hidden throughout the world for every religion. I just think it would be awesomely cool to be the person to stumble on something from Jesus' time. This book has been making me think more about it, even if it is something as small as a dish used in the time or tools used to farm or do carpentry. Does this make me odd?

No comments: