Jan 18, 2011

Being Creative

I was reading an article the other day about generating the creativity within yourself.  A lot of people think that their creativity whether it is art, writing, music or whatever else should bring happiness to other people.  But that is a great misconception.  The article quoted an artist who stated “it doesn’t matter to the world whether you paint, dance or write.  The world will probably get by without the product of your efforts.  BuT that is not the point.  The point is what the inner process of following your creative impulses will do to you.”

Your creative being isn’t about what would make other people happy, its about making yourself happy and finding the things that you find beautiful.  You can be creative with anything you do write, draw, dance, even decorating your own house.  Creativity is all about you.  I love writing my blog and for a while there I quit because I didn’t think anyone else was reading it.  But I came to realize that writing isn’t about whether or not other people read it, but about making me happy.  Writing is something that I enjoy and something that relaxes me so why should I quit it because I simply think other people are not reading it.  I should write for me and no one else.

I think that’s how it is going to be, I am now going to write for me.  Write about my thoughts mainly for myself and if other people are reading it and getting something from my words, awesome.  If not, that’s perfectly fine too.

No comments: