Jan 13, 2011

Moving On

As many of you know I am moving into a new apartment.  Move in day is Saturday!!  I can’t believe it came so fast.  We were actually thinking we may not have gotten the apartment but as luck has it we did.  We spent the past few weeks packing and trying to gather miscellaneous furniture that we did not have.  During that time I went through man different things including pictures and cards that others have given me in the past. 

As I came across a scrapbook I made several years ago, I stopped and flipped through it.  Remembering good times with some friends, and also grieving the loss of some friendships. Others I looked through and realized why it didn’t work and why those friendships and relationships  needed to end.  Going through those things and getting rid of some of them helped me let go of things.  Helped me move on; and become a better girlfriend to Tom.  He deserves the best that I can offer him, especially not that we are living together.

meandtomtom

While going through the pictures of relationships gone by I thought of everything I wanted, needed and wished for…they all are things I find in Tom.  The men who were important to him in the past all had different qualities and quarks.  But none were what I needed though at the time I thought they were.  When I look back at them I realized that Tom is everything I prayed to God about.  And while we are taking a big step in our relationship, the idea of living with him does not scare me.  im not worried about things the way I was when I discussed in the past.

Moving in together takes a lot of commitment and dedication to each other.  In order to give Tom that total commitment I already know I have, I needed to get rid of things, past hurts.  While I am packing and throwing out material things…I am also throwing out emotional baggage.  I am moving on to a new chapter in life, and moving on from the pain of the past.  It’s in the trash with the other  unwanted items.

No comments: