May 27, 2011

Thankfulness

The meaning for being thankful is a feeling of gratitude, or appreciation.  That is what I have been doing for the past few months or so.  Doing a post for the most part once a week about things I am thankful for, things I appreciate.  I have to say there are so many various things that I am grateful for that picking out some each week is hard.  I am thankful for things you can see and touch, things you can’t.  Im thankful for people in and out of my life (like the people who have came into my life and then left for one reason or another).

There are so many things to be thankful for like having a wonderful boyfriend, parents, and brother.  To having a nice home to live in and a good job to pay for that home.  Even simpler things like hot water to take a shower and do our dishes to clean drinking water to cook and well drink.  Even when times don’t seem to be going well and I struggle through various situations there are always things to be thankful for and I know sometimes I don’t see that, but I am making an effort to try and remember the things that I am thankful for and to try not to take advantage of certain things.

I think we need to take time every day to stop and be thankful for things, tell the people in our lives that we are thankful to have them and thankful for the things that they may do for us on a daily basis.  No matter  how small or simple even if it’s being thankful they take out the trash.  Tell them that.  it makes a difference.

No comments: