May 20, 2011

Spiritual Thanks

Each day we do things that ensure our physical health, but how often do we do things to ensure our spiritual health?  I think something I am going to start doing is working on doing things that works on our spiritual health.  Part of that is thanking God for things we have in our lives, things I have in my life.  That means the good and the bad.  Pastor Jason preached on giving thanks for those things and understanding that through the bad God has a plan.

I am thankful that I have struggled through the hardships that I have.  They have helped me remain strong in my faith and learn more about various things such as the meaning of crying out to God.  The hardships in life helps mold us into the people we are and helps mold our spiritual grounding and test the strength of our faith.  So I thank God for all the tests I have been put through and the tests that are still to come.

I thank God for sending me a wonderful man as Tom.  I thank God for the relationships that caused a heartache or pain.  Because I felt different pains, different heartaches and been in different interactions in relationships, I have learned to appreciate Tom more.  I just pray that I never take him for granted and that he feels loved and appreciated and I try to make him feel.

Last week I said I was thankful for my church family, and I will say it again.  I am thankful that I have a church family that will support me in everything and everyone is so easy to talk to turn to when you are in need.  Not only that, ROL members also unite as a family and help one another raise children, we invite each other to our homes for parties and other get togethers.  We are a family.

I thank God for providing me with a car, a job, and a home to live in.  Sure those are things that we live with everyday and sometimes I complain about my job, but I am thankful that I do have a job.

There are so many things spiritually to be thankful for and while some of the things I mentioned may not seem spiritual, acknowledging that I couldn’t have them without God and that he has blessed me in my life is.  I do feel blessed and appreciate the things God has given me.  I pray that I will continue to learn the lessons He wants me to learn and that I will remain strong and turn to Him as I have in the past.  Thank you God.

No comments: