May 25, 2011

Standard or Automatic

On Sunday my mom gave an awesome sermon about being standard or automatic.  If you know cars you know the difference, but basically standard you control the car, automatic well you don’t have to really do anything.  She referred that to being in a relationship with Christ.  Which goes back to the Power in Relationships post I write earlier.

When we are in a relationship with Christ too often we try to be in control.  We try to steer things the way we want them to go other than letting things happen the way God wants them too.  Instead of allowing things to take the course God has already set.  When I was diagnosed with cancer, we let God take control instead of trying to control the situation ourselves.  How much harder would it have been if I tried to do that?  Sometimes we want our lives to be standard when things are rough and willing to let God control when things are going good and easy.

My mom’s sermon has made some people think and reconsider how they allow God to work in their lives.  I am proud of how my mom did and she also made me think about how I allow God to work in mine.  Do I let him be automatic or do I try to be standard and make my life my control not Gods?

No comments: