May 15, 2011

Special Thanks

Today during church I was sitting there thinking about my church family.  It’s been a little over 4 or 5 years since we started going to church at the River of Life Christian Fellowship.  It was shortly after I was diagnosed with cancer that I seen how wonderful and amazing my church is, when I asked for prayer during alter-call one Sunday; everyone in the church was there with me: praying and supporting me.  Something I haven’t seen in another church.

No matter what I am dealing with good or bad, my church family is right there to support me in any decision I make.  They don’t point out mistakes or wrong-doings, but say it’s okay let’s try again.  They relish in accomplishments and if someone isn’t at church one Sunday it is noticed.  We ask about the missing person and if we have a number or even facebook at least 2 people including a pastor will reach out and express that they were missed and we hope everything is okay.

I love m church.  I was writing something today for Pastor Paul and I realized I couldn’t have made it through cancer with my faith still intact without my church family.  I know I will be lost during the summer, but thank God for facebook!

No comments: