May 10, 2011

Lessons From Rollerblading

So I have decided to try to learn how to roller blade with Tom’s help of course, and from time to time Sean’s.  There are some small minor things that I am learning while I roller blade, and not all of it is rollerblading related.  One of the things I learned is the amount of trust I have or need for Tom and Sean both, in different capacities.

While they both were holding my hand or side to help me keep my balance, at any point they could have let me go and well I would have ended up with a bruised backside.  But they didn’t  I needed, still need to trust them that they wouldn’t let me fall.  Other than learning to rollerblade, I need to trust Tom and my friends that they wouldn’t let me “fall” whatever the situation it may be.  Also if I did fall, they would be there to help me back up again.

Its like friends dont let friends fall alone.  haha.  Trust is an important thing in any relationship whether it be friendship, family, or romantic.  If you can’t trust the other person then what kind of relationship do you have?  It’s almost like a false relationship.  I mean how can you be friends with some or even say you love someone but not trust them?  As Tom helps me rollerblade I see how much we trust each other in something so simple.  I trust he won’t let me fall and he trusts that I won’t make him fall or bring him down with me :D.

No comments: