Feb 7, 2011

Valentine’s Day

I have always thought this day was bogus and hated it every year.  Mainly because I didn’t have someone to share it with and when I did, it was never what I expected it should be.  This year I do have someone to spend it with and I do love him very dearly.  While I want to make the day special and romantic for him; I don’t need one day to do it.  I show my love for Tom everyday in things that I do and say to him.  Sure I might have something planned for him, but I have no expectations of anything more than what we already do to express our love.

Tom doesn’t need to get me flowers or candy or anything to make his love known to me or make me feel special.  He does that every day when he tells me he loves me or when he simply looks at me.  He doesnt need to go to great lengths on Valentine’s Day to show that to me or anyone else.  If you just spend time around us you will see the love we share and the special bond we have created between us.

I love Tom, with all my heart.  I can say that I have never felt as loved and appreciated as I do with him.  Sure Valentine’s Day is a romantic day full of love, but that’s everyday even when we get frustrated and annoyed with each other.  I can still feel the unconditional love he feels for me and I know he can still feel the love I have for him.

No comments: