Feb 21, 2011

Differences

Melissa and I were talking today about the “joys” of living with a man.  Now Tom and I have been living together for about a month now and yes I love living with him, but like Melissa and I were saying there are definitely differences between the male and female genders.  I mean for one, I have a laundry basket for my dirty clothes, for a while Tom was tossing his on a pile until I told him to do something with them.

I realized that while we are in-sync with a lot of things there are things we do differently.  Not bad, just different.  Small things like doing the dishes, cat litter, cooking, even folding our laundry.  I know it sounds silly but I like that we do things differently and work together despite the differences our genders do have.  Melissa and I spend time just talking about the “joys” of living with a man, whether we get frustrated with them or not.

I absolutely love living with the man I love and I enjoy learning new things about not just Tom but myself as well.  This is an environment that I wasn’t really ever in.  Sure I had roommates in college but that was different than it is now.  There is a bunch of different things I am learning about myself that I will write about later.  But the main thing is that despite the differences in things, and in the type of people we are everything is working wonderfully.  We are finding ways to deal with our differences and are working as a team and that is the point isn’t it?

No comments: