Feb 9, 2011

Feeling Down

Lately I have been feeling a little down and depressed.  I have to admit it has taken away my motivation to do anything including writing even though I have had a friend tell me he has really enjoyed reading my writing again.  I have been feeling and thinking all of those negative things that I am sure we all deal with at one point or another such as feeling ugly, fat, unable to do things etc.

While I have been feeling down I tried to set goals for myself like that I would get up earlier to work out but I just hit the snooze alarm and hat makes me upset with myself all over.  Its like Im just going in a circle.  So I decided to take baby steps to get myself out of it.  One of course is actually talking about it to the most important person: tom.  I mean if I cannot come to Tom and try to talk to him about how I am feeling now how will I be able to in the future?

I admit telling him how I feel helps and hearing him say the things he says helps.  But I have also decided to almost force myself to do things like writing more, if not on here then in a journal just to get myself writing more and getting thoughts out even if I don’t want other people to read it.  And I admit that writing again really makes me feel better.  Why is it that when we are feeling depressed and down on ourselves that we stop doing all the things we love and almost get no joy out of them?  So I am going to keep doing what I love knowing that I will come through better than ever.

No comments: