Feb 7, 2011

Love Letter

So there was a two hour delay for the Pittsburgh schools today because of the Superbowl.  If the Steelers did in fact win then the parade in town would close off important streets for busses, so two hour delay.  BUT teachers and subs had to be at the school at the same time (855 instead of 1055 for the one I was at).  In that spare time I decided to spend some time and write a few letters to people like my grandma and aunt.  Then I decided to write a good old love letter for Tom.

I wanted him to know what he means to me and how I honestly feel about him.  It could have been longer than it was, but I didn’t want him to spend hours reading it.  I think from time to time we all need to hear what we mean to the people in our lives even if those people are friends, family, or spouse.  Its human nature to want to know that we are loved and sometimes…why someone loves us.  Writing it down and hearing it are two different things and evoke two different responses. Sometimes writing makes it easier to put things into words {I know it was easier to write then speak it}.

I was going to save it for Valentine’s Day but I think I will give it to him later tonight.  I can’t see his response, and really why should I wait until Valentine’s Day to tell the man I love how much he means to me? That should be something I tell him everyday.

No comments: