Feb 3, 2012

Thankfulness

Throughout life people come and go in our lives and a lot of the time we tend to take things and people for granted. We let people fade into the background and focus on ourselves. We don't thank each other or acknowledge how much someone really means to us. The people in our lives are what helps make the journey better and more enjoyable. Too often we let days, months, even years go by before we say thank you to people in our lives, or let them know how much we love them.

There have been people in and out of my life who mean the world to me. I am thankful for loving and supportive parents. I know some people who do not have that or a good relationship with their parents and I am thankful that I do. I appreciate my brother who is there when I need him and we have gotten closer to each other over the years. I don't know what I would do with him. I have never had a boyfriend treat me as wonderful and respectful as Tom. I have several close friends who I can turn to when I need them: Melissa, Terry, Kate, Amanda, Josh, Lau and everyone else. I have amazing aunts and uncles, wonderful cousins and second cousins and extended family that has been adopted into the family. We tend to do that a lot don't we, "adopt" people into our families.

I am thankful for everyone in my life even if they aren't as predominate as others, like Jeremy he was an important person to me a few years back. There wasn't a day that went by that we didn't talk, now I can't remember the last time I talked to him, but I am thankful we had that time. A lot of people have left my life but while I don't talk to some people as much as I used to, they are still important to me and I am very thankful for those people and the time we had together. I wish I got the chance to tell them I am thankful for them.

No comments: