Feb 28, 2012

Loneliness

.I heard someone talking about Samson. He had an interesting thought about it, Samson may not have been distracted by Delilahs beauty but was simply lonely. The gentlenan said we all do stupid things when we're lonely, and I think he is more than right. How many times have we all done something beyond stupid simply because we are lonely? Those relationships where we look back and wonder what the heck was I thinking!? We do things are completely stupid when we are lonely but we don't even realize how stupid it is until after it has ended.

In the story of Samson he risk everything he had and the thing that made him who he was for a woman, or was it because he was lonely? How many times have we given up something that made us who we are, even given up everything that we are simply because we were lonely and wanted to be with someone? I know women who keep their eyes open for the next guy because they do not want to be alone in case something happens with the relationship they are in. Lonliness is a tricky little sucker and causes us to do things we normally wouldn't do.

I know I have put myself into situations that were not good for me in the past simply because I was lonely. There were times when I could have been harmed seriously but I didn't see it because I was lonely at the time. I am not sure why lonliness has that effect on us, but then why does anything have the effect it does on us?

No comments: