Feb 9, 2012

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day. Oh what a day that is. It's a day a lot of couples spend together showing each other they love them. Sweet idea right? Spend the day together showing you how much you love each other. But why does it have to be 1 day a year? Shouldn't we be showing each other we love every day? I know some people find it hard to show their loved ones they love them on a daily basis. Or that some people think life is too hectic and too busy to put "work" into their relationship, so the Valentine's Day is a good day for them, or maybe not.

In my eyes, I do everything I can to show Tom how much I love him and that he means the world to m, every day. The little things that I do help show I love him, the things I say show I love him. I don't need a special holiday to help me show him or prove to him what he means to me. I know some people don't see it the same way I do, or think of the holiday the same way I do. But to me it's all about the advertising and spending money going to dinner, buying cards, and gifts. Some girls expect extravagant gifts, but then don't return the expectation. It seems the holiday has become something to lavish girls with gifts, which is something I don't agree with.

I know there are times when i challenge myself to do things that show Tom I love him and work to make sure he knows I love him. Isn't that something we all should be doing instead of waiting for a holiday to do that? I have always disliked the holiday, and now that I have someone wonderful to be with for the holiday, I still dislike it very much. It makes no sense to me.

No comments: