Nov 25, 2011

Life Is Not About Me

I started to re-read The Purpose Driven Life, I am determined this time to get through the whole book this time. I mean if I read it once a day it would only take me 40 days, but if I read more I can get through more right? At the end of each chapter there are points to ponder, questions and verses. After the first chapter (that's all I got through so far, I'll get through more I promise) asks how can I remind myself live isn't about living for me, but for God? Through my daily life how can I remind myself that my life isn't about me? That I shouldn't be as selfish as I can be sometimes because as human beings we are all selfish.

I think there are times when I do need to remember this life isn't about me and times when I am being selfish because I admit I can be selfish I need to remember this and appreciate what I do have. I need to remember that I cannot have everything the way I want it to be, how I want it. Sometimes what I want goes against the needs of someone else in my life or even the desires of God, who am I to ask God to change things so that I can be happy? I wonder what can I do to remind myself that I should not only put God first, but also the other people in my life before myself. My happiness isn't the most important thing, sure it is important but I should try to make the other people in my life happy as well shouldn't I? I should be doing things for others, and I realized the other day I ask others to do things for me a lot.

When I think to do something for myself I need to wonder could I do this for someone else, or when I ask for something even if it is small I need to think, can I do it myself. Everytime I drive past the Light the Life mission reminds me to be thankful for my home and other luxuries so who am I to be selfish about the kind of house I am living in? The world does not revolve around me, I should ask "Why me." I should ask "how can i help others," but honestly I don't know how I can remind myself of this. Think that is a hard thing to do for anyone.

No comments: