Nov 29, 2011

Happiness

I seen a question today asking what brings you happiness, or what brings happiness to your life. That made me start thinking, what does bring me happiness. And there is a huge list of things that does bring me happiness. My life with Tom and seeing his smile every day makes me happy, or talking to someone from my family whether it is through a text message, on facebook or on the phone all brings me happiness. Seeing my friends and making memories with them make me happy.

Alot of people were saying various material objects made them happy, but its isn't the things we have in our lives that make it special, but the people we have in our lives that make it wonderful. When I get a message pop up in facebook from Terry saying Hi I have to smile, or when I get random messages from Melissa it makes my day. When I feel most depressed and sad I don't turn to my television or computer or other material things, i call my mom or try to talk to Tom or Melissa. Its the people in our lives that matter the most. The people that makes us happy not the objects we have laying around our house.

Why do we strive so hard to have the latest technology when we have people in our lives who are waiting to see us or talk to us? Why do we rush out on Black Friday to go shopping instead of spending time together as a family? I had a better time sitting at home with Tom watching movies and generally being together than I would have going to a store crowded by people fighting to get something on sale. I heard we spend 52 million dollars on Friday couldn't we have done that by taking grandma to dinner or something?

No comments: