Oct 27, 2009

Finding Faults

I dont know if this is true with any of you, but I know it is true of me:  I do not see too many things within my self that are good.  I see the good in everyone around me, but when it comes to myself…I don’t see much worth or anything of value within myself. 

We always see things wrong with ourselves that we think other people would find to be bad things, things that would make them judge us.  We see the things that could hinder us from finding happiness whatever that may be.  I am reading a book called Born of Night the main character is an assassin and his love interest is a princess.  Nyk sees everything wrong with himself, and finds it odd that Kiara wants to be his wife.  I think too many times that is how we are.  Sure many times it might not be with relationships, but how many times have you asked why would  ______ want to be with me?  Why would he love me?  Better yet, have you asked yourself….why would Christ die for me?

Sometimes I think part of really, truely loving someone unconditionally means seeing their faults, but seeing perfection through them.  Loving someone despite the faults they may have.  I mean we all have faults, we are not perfect…

No comments: