Oct 23, 2009

The Past

Sometimes we have do things that we regret and of course they become a part of our past.  Many times those past experiences are things we are ashamed of and think would turn people away from us one way or another.  We all have skeletons in our closet that plague us and make us feel a little unworthy.

Some of us have pasts that aren’t as nice as others, but still the past is past and we all have something that isn’t what we wish it would be.  The way I see things is we shouldn’t judge a person based on the past, it just simply isn’t fair.  When it comes to someone I care about, I don’t even need to know about his past.  The past is the past and while it helps make us stronger, we have moved past it and become a different person.  The past no matter what it looks likes makes us different a unique and sometimes stronger because of what we have been through.

If someone has a past that shouldn’t change your opinion of them.  I told someone I care about dearly, he doesn’t even need to tell me his past if he doesn’t want to.  While it is important to him, and sure I’d like to know…I like him for the man he is, the man I see when I look at him, and honestly nothing he tells me can change my opinion of him; no matter what.  If I honestly care about him, why would it change things?

No comments: