Oct 21, 2009

Too Much Compassion

Is it possible to have too much compassion?  When does having compassion become a bad thing, and counted against you?  Would you ever think having compassion would have been such a bad thing?  I never thought compassion was a bad thing but now I am starting to feel differently.  How do you have compassion and emotions in one setting and then be completely devoid of them in another?  How do you not let some things get to you?  How do you get rid of your emotions when they are so raw?

I always thought having compassion was a good thing and enabled you to understand and forgive things easily.  While I like having compassion; I think I have too much of it.  I honestly think it is going to be my downfall; it is going to destroy me in the long run instead of helping me.  Is compassion such a bad thing?  Shouldn’t compassion be a trait that you want to have?  It helps with being less judgmental in some aspects, but at the same time things get to you and it gets hard to not show our raw emotions no matter how hard you don’t want to. 

Being compassionate is all i know how to do.  I don’t know any other way.  Compassion was something I was happy to have, I considered it one of my best traits, but could it be one of my worst?  I try so hard to not let it get to me, only to fail only to feel drained of everything within me.

No comments: