Sep 29, 2008

Blah

Lately I have been feeling great, but today I feel kinda blah like I don't want to do anything, even read my Bible. I think I am thinking and worring too much about tomorrow in which I am going to get my drivers license...I know it's about time right? For the past couple of week I have been doing good with reading my Bible, and I haven't done it yet today and I am slightly ashamed of myself.

I know while I am doing other things such as writing this I could be reading my Bible, or I could have read it when I first woke up, but I don't have the desire to read it. Part of me wonders if that makes me a terrible, horrible Christian or normal. I know other Christians go through a time when they don't have the desire to read, write, or pray to God. But I wonder how do they over come it? I remember a few weeks ago that I was just telling Todd to just do it and it would get easier and not seem like a chore, which is probably what I should do huh? I should just read it and fight off this feeling.

I think sometimes we need to go through these periods to see if we are truly dedicated to reading and praying even when the desire is gone and the ambition isn't there. I was just reading my friend Jeremy's blog and he said he was going to get back to doing something he loved to do which was writing, and it got me thinking. I love reading my Bible, so why should I let anything stop me? Just like he shouldn't let anything stop him. I think that is what I am going to do...I am just going to read my Bible and prove that I am dedicated and strong enough to push past this blah like feeling.

2 comments:

mamie said...

oops, the comp just ate my comment! what I was saying was that I think this is normal...much like when we work out for a few days in a row...our muscles need a recovery day. So perhaps this time is for you to begin your prayer...and then relax and LISTEN. This too is a form of worshiping and allowing the Holy Spirit to work through us. So relax and enjoy this blessed day! xo, mamie

Jeremy said...

wow! thanks for saying that. my hope all along is to keep people encouraged and inspired to do what they do best. I have a feeling you are going to really like my next blog venture. talk soon!