Sep 4, 2008

Being Tested

Too often when we go through a hardship we don't understand why we must go through it. I can remember constantly asking God why. I wanted to know why I had to have cancer, why I had to be so weak and sick. There were times I will admit when it felt like God wasn't there. It was as if I couldn't find him no matter where I looked, but the main thing was I stayed on the path and searched.

In the book of Job he talks about that feeling of loss. In Chapter 23 he states So he will do for me all he has planned. He controls my destiny. No wonder I am so terrified in his presence. What Job was saying is his life was no longer in his control and that was terrifying. When we hear something is wrong somewhere, health, finances, jobs, and more we get terrified because it is no longer in our control. Its hard for us to feel God all around when we are going through so much.

A few verses before that Job also says "When he has tested me like gold in a fire, he will pronounce me innocent." Sometimes when we go through the hard things, God is testing us like gold. The hardships we go through only makes us stronger and strengthens our faith in God. It's hard for us to see that sometimes though. We have a hard time to see that God has a plan for everything and that he is in fact in control of our lives not ourselves.

Hardships are called hardships for a reason. They are hard to go through, but they get easier if we rely on God the whole time.

No comments: