Sep 16, 2008

Patience

For the past few months Todd has been graciously teaching me how to drive. He has been so incredibly patient with me as well. I think once I accidentally hit the bank of the road when turning into the church parking lot, and he's really good when I panic on the high way, he talks very softly to me to bring the panic down. He remains patient no matter what is going on while I am driving. The same goes with when he is teaching me how to play tennis. Yes is his teaching me many different things ^_^

I mentions Todd's patience with me because it makes me think of how we need to be patient with each other through the different aspects of life. We all make mistakes and not one of us is perfect. We need to be patient and understand that no one is going to be the exact way we want them to be.

Throughout everything we do God is patient with us. We walk away from him, and he patiently calls us back, we struggle with sin and he patiently helps us grow stronger against it. He is patient when we don't learn lessons, when we struggle with witnessing and tithing. God never once losses his patience with us, so why should we lose patience with each other?

How can we exact each other to do things the same way at the same pace that we do things? We are all different. I have a friend who never learns her lesson when it comes to the kind of men she dates, but still I talk to her, give her Godly advice and pray she changes, then she'll call with the same problem. I try to have patience with her as she learns which is what God does with us. He keeps giving us trials and tribulations to teach us things and he is patient when we don't learn right away.

God give us patience and many times we even get impatient with him! We want everything in our time and get upset if it doesn't come when we want it. I think when we learn to be patient with each other more, we can learn to be patient with God and trust him more.

1 comment:

Andrew Clarke said...

I'm a Christian too. My blog is http://threeswans.blogspot.com if you feel like visiting another Christian's site. I was going to say, if you enjoy Christian fiction like Frank Peretti's, can I suggest a book to try? "Outcasts
Of Skagaray" can be previewed by reading the sample chapters on www.threeswans.com.au I would love it if you read and enjoyed it but whatever happens I greet you in Christ. Blessings always.