Sep 18, 2008

One Touch

I was actually thinking of writing about something completely different today, but I have been listening to Christian music more than I normally do lately, mainly because I would rather listen to that than the secular stuff. But there is one song that has been really standing out to much recently because it has so much meaning behind it and it's just so powerful. It's called One Touch by Nicole C Mullen: the young woman who sings "My Redeemer Lives." She sings it from the point of view of the woman who had so much faith that thought if she simply touched the hem of Jesus' robe she would be healed.

This is the chorus:

If I could just touch the hem of His garment
I know I'd be made whole
If I could just press my way through this madness
His love would heal my soul
If only one touch

It has really made me think. This woman had so much faith that she just wanted to touch the end of his robe. She felt even the bottom of his robe, which probably dragged across the dirt etc would hold enough power to heal her of her ailments. She had so much faith in God, she didn't think he would even notice if she reached out to touch him.

I know there has been times when I felt that same way. If I could just touch him and feel his power I would be healed. If I had enough faith in his power and mercy I would be healed. I think that is the exact basis of faith. Trusting in God when something seems impossible, well even the Bible says With God all things are possible. So why should we doubt his power? Why should we doubt the power of God? I know there are people out there who do doubt the power he holds. If a woman could be healed by touching his robe, if I could be healed simply through faith, prayer (and well medical stuff) how could we not accept the power that God holds?

We all go through a time of "madness" as the song says. We all need to push through and reach out to try and touch the hem of his garment to get even the smallest glimpse of the power that Jesus holds. Sometimes I find it hard how some people cannot believe in Jesus with everything around them; but that's just me ^_^.

No comments: