Mar 10, 2011

Trust

In the novel series I have been reading: Dark Hunters, the lead characters always had something happen that makes it hard for them to trust other people.  Throughout the story one person or another is trying to get the other to trust them through their actions to show that they are worthy of being trusted.  I have always thought it was hard to trust someone completely.  To me that enables you to be more vulnerable with them, to let your guard down around them.

For years it was hard for me to trust people.  Then when I began to trust and let my guard down, people showed me that once again trusting someone takes such hard work and the ability to trust not only them but myself.  I think moving in with Tom took a great deal of trust not only for us, but for my parents.  My parents need to know they can trust Tom to take care of me and allow nothing to harm me.  He’s proving that tenfold. 

Sometimes I wonder how Tom and a few other people in my life like Terry and Melissa managed to get me to let down my guard and trust them the way I do.  Its hard for me to let down my guard and allow people into my life regardless of what some people might think.  Trust is not something that I give away easily, and it is also something that can be taken away from me so easily as well.  When I trust people I have high expectations of them I think.  Maybe thats where I go wrong.  I expect people to not do anything that would cause them to loss my trust…is that wrong?  Is that asking too much?  If a person trusts you, shouldn’t you do everything you can to live up to that trust? and honor it?

No comments: