Nov 12, 2008

Love Believes

Again I have been reading The Love Dare and I have to say it is a great book. It is a book that you read a chapter a day which is why I am still reading it instead of finishing it right away. There was a section on love believing the best and the scripture that went with it came from 1 Corinthians 13:7: Love believes all things, hopes all things.

Love believes in all things, and hopes for all things. Love doesn't just give up hope and think all things are lost right away. It hopes for the best and hopes for something better. The authors of the Love Dare say that love chooses not to live in denial and deception, but in the appreciation and love that our spouse gives. The same goes from God. We seem to dwell and focus a lot on the deception of Satan telling us different things about ourselves. For me it used to be "you are worthless." "You are not capable of success or even love." "You will always be a failure" yet on the other side of things, the side I didn't hear or focus on was God. Saying "I love you." "You are worth everything to me." and so much more. I found it hard to hear that although that's what he was saying.

We need to work harder at listening to God's love which believes in us. It's hard to think that when we feel at our worst that God believes in us, because he loves us. We need to remember that no matter what Satan tries to tell us...we are "COVERED IN LOVE." God's love surrounds us and when we feel like failures and worthless we need to hold on to that we are covered in his love.

No comments: