Nov 18, 2008

Fear

I have been doing a lot of thinking lately. I have been thinking about where I want my life to go as far as job wise and there are so many different things that I want to do and be a part of, but there are times when I am scared about where it could lead me. I know God wants me to work with children in some way, what way I am not sure and I am afraid that I will not be able to figure out what God wants me to do with my life and the gifts He has granted me. The fear has really stopped me in my tracks and I haven't gone forward with anything. I keep second guessing my choices and where I want to go from here (which is why I haven't registered for the test yet pastor).

Fear can hinder us and cause us to stall in our walk with God, and I find myself kind of stalling in different aspects. Lately I haven't been writing in my book because I have a fear that no one would want to buy it or publish it for that matter. Some of the best ways to get over fears is to pray and talk to God about it and I have been doing that, but it seems so hard sometimes doesn't it? I don't want my fears of what the future could hold to take away my focus from God, The Bible and praying. And I don't udnerstand my fears at this point, I just want to be able to do what God has planned for me, so all I can do is put it all in his hands and pray it will work out the way He wants it to, and if it is in his hands then it should work out for the purpose of God right?

No comments: