Jan 23, 2012

Trying to be someone else

A lot of the time we think that other people are better thn us or we long to be someone because we think their life is better than our own.  We tend to think our lives are worse than anothers.  I heard something on KLOVE they said "when you try or long to be someone else you are insulting his intelligence."  Its a good way of putting it.

God made us different meaning we are designed differently, in a special unique way.  God thought of us and our lives with something special in mind, so that we are not like everyone else. We are not meant to be like other people nor are our lives supposed to be the same as someone elses. Sure we ma go through the same experiences nd share life's joys and sorrows, but we learn different things, grow in different ways, and live in different ways. Why should we be like other people. How could we be like other people and be happy about it?

I know I do it. I have thought to myself "I wish I was pretty like her." or ".... seems to have a good life I wish mine was easier like that." We all are guilty of wanting something someone else has no matter what it is, but we we act upon it and actively try to be someone we are not, we are insulting the design of who we are. Who are who we are, if we try to be someone else or wish we were someone else, I would think that we lose a part of who we are. We lose our essence so to speak. Is that something we want? I think we should just simply try to be ourselves.

No comments: