Mar 10, 2009

God's Surprises

God has a funny way of turning things around for your life. For the past few weeks, almost a month I have been feeling somewhat worthless, disappointing to God and those around me. It was affecting my sleeping habits, eating habits, and the way my body functioned. It was getting to hard for me to be able to just do daily things because it all seemed pointless and not even worth the energy, then I didn't have energy to do anything. I didnt even want to go to church or pray. Nothing seemed to make sense or help, but I persevered. I prayed with Pastor, I asked for friends to pray for me and I talked about what was going on through this site and a few others. Even though it didn't seem like it helped, I still had faith that God would take care of me, the he would help through this bout of depression. I know there will be other times when I have it, there will be times when I struggle, but I know that God will be there for me and he is there for you too.

We all go through our bouts of depression and hardships and God finds ways of turning it around. Within the past two days I got two job offers and it may not seem much, but I also got a date with a sweet gentleman. I took the job offers as GOd's little way of saying he will take care of me, I just have to be patient sometimes and keep holding onto my faith the way I did when I had the cancer. Depression is one of those things that if we dont have some sliver of hope and faith it can tear us down and destroy us, and I think the way we make it through is because God is holding us up. I mean there were times when I didn't feel like God was present in my life, but looking on things and looking at how they were in the past and now, then I see God has been there, God is still there and God will always be there.

Sometimes we don't feel like God is tehre in our lives, but he is there and we need to try harder to feel his presence. I know how hard that sounds, and I know I need to take my own advice, but there are things we can do to feel God's presence, instead of reading a trashy novel, read Purpose Driven Life, or Facing Your Giants. Instead of listening to Saliva, listen to Skillet. Turn secular things into Christian things and sometimes you will feel God's presence more. And even if it all seems futile, keep holding onto the faith that God is there and he will see you through.

No comments: