Mar 21, 2009

Fun Times



I have heard it said many times that being a Christian is boring and you cannot have fun. A lot of people think you need to have fun by drinking, smoking, sex, doing drugs and a whole lot more that many Christians do not do. People think being a Christian has rules and regulations that restrict us from having fun and knowing what a good time is. But being a Christian I think we have more fun that we would if we were drinking and other things. We have fun just being ourselves and making fun for ourselves without the aide of other things. We take delight in the little things in life, like spending a relaxing say with friends. We find fun in being goofy and laughing together. Being a Christian does not mean being restricted and not enjoying life to the fullest, if anything I think many Christians live a fuller life than people who rely on alcohol or drugs for a good time so to speak.


When spending the day with my friends, I had so much fun just being ourselves and us just being friends and harassing each other or whatever. Chiara being Elvis, or getting excited over Kurt Cobain's guitar, to Danelle randomly yelling at people through the car window. Sure it may see silly and to some stupid, but we had so much fun just being ourselves and didn't need anything to help us have that fun and enjoy our time together. Being a Christian does not mean that fun is sucked out of life and you need to go through life being a boring person, though I will admit there are some Christians that are boring and don't know how to have fun, but that is their personality not the fact that they ar Christians. Christians don't just sit around the house doing nothing or only watch or listen to certain things.

I admit there are times when I have a drink or two, but it is not for the sole purpose of having fun. Drinking is not the basis for me to have fun or to enjoy the life that God has given me. Enjoying life is about enjoying the things God has given us, enjoying friends, family, life on this earth, just reacting and acting the way however we feel like. Being a Christian means noticing the small things and appreciating them. Out of everything that I may do in life some of the moments that I enjoy the most are moments like I had today with my friends, or times I spend with the people I care about the most. The point is being a Christian does not under no circumstances mean you don't know how to have fun.

No comments: