Mar 9, 2009

Struggling


I read a blog on struggling and how it is actually good for us. 5 Reasons Struggling Is Good For You talks about different reasons why we need to struggle through life sometimes. We get depressed and struggle through the depression, but maybe that is something we need to deal with because it will help us grow in our faith and as people. Struggles teach us different things, and maybe we can learn something from the depression we all deal with. We all have stuggles in life and sometimes those struggles can lead to depression, and depression can get out of control sometimes and many times we cannot see that those struggles can change things. Could change our lives.
I think while we are in our depression, we tend to focus on ourselves and how we feel, but at the same time there are moments when we realize how much we mean to other people. For example Pastor said the church would be missing an element if I would leave, and that made me feel like I mattered somewhere. That maybe just maybe I am not a disappointment to God and those around me. 5 Reasons Struggling Is Good shows that while we may be dealing with a certain struggle, God has a plan for the struggle and right now we may not see what it is. I may not understand what reason there is for me to deal with this depression is, but I know God can and will use it for good.
Struggling will always make us stronger, not weaker which is one thing that I am trying to focus on. I am going to pull through this depression stronger not weaker than I was before I entered it. And I think that is how it is with many of us. God will make us stronger through the depression, doubt, heartache whatever else we may dealing with at different points in our lives.

No comments: