Aug 4, 2008

Suffering

I got the chance to go to a different church yesterday. Todd and I went to Suncrest Methodist Church in Morgantown with Todd's best friend John. I mention this because of something John's pastor talked about: Suffering. We suffer daily, sometimes it's not something incredibly terrible, or hard, other times it seems unbearable. I went through cancer, depression and more. Todd had heart issues and is working on gaining his energy back. Others have been in abusive relationships, had people try to destroy them, lived in a hospital basically and more.

Something the minister at Suncrest said was about a man he visited at a hospital. I forget what he asked, but the man said "If Jesus could suffer on the cross for me, I can deal with this for him." That completely amazed me and as you can see really stuck with me. If Jesus could suffer for us, who are we to always complain about our own suffer no matter how big or small. Granted we are humans and will complain, but we can always use our suffering to become closer to God and bring others to God.

We suffer all the time, but it can never be the way Jesus suffered for us. There is a reason why we all suffer all the time. How can our faith grow if we don't suffer a little bit?

No comments: