Aug 19, 2008

Thankfulness

A dear friend of mine writes on The Sweet Diabetic blog, and once a week she lists things she is thankful for. I think it is a great thing that she does and it really makes me think about what am I thankful for. God wants us to give thank as well as praise, and honor. Psalm 75:1 tells us "We give thanks to you, O God, we give thanks, for your Name is near; men tell of your wonderful deeds." We should always give God thanks for the many things He has blessed us with in our lives. So I am going to que from my dear Sweet Diabetic and list some things that I am thankful for.

1. Having a great church

2. Having a wonderful man in my life
3. Being cured of cancer
4. Having the ability to write
5. Sunsets and the ability to catch them on film.
6. My friends who support me no matter what
7. My family who love me no matter what
8. The ability to have gone to college and get a good education
9. My faith, I thank God for the struggles in life that strengthened my faith
10. Lastly I thank God for my life. Just for the fact that He created me and loves me no matter what I do in life.

What are some of the things that you are thankful for in life? No matter who you are or what you have, be sure to thank God for the things in life, and even the bad things because we always learn from the bad things in life. I mean I had a friend call and thank me for my friendship and not judging her. Just be sure to give thanks to God for all the blessings, and not just on Thanksgiving or at church.

No comments: