Aug 25, 2008

Is It Enough

The other night Todd and I went out for our birthday. yes we share the same birthday, but anyway we went to Buca Di Beppo for dinner with a few of our friends: well less than a few Donya, Tom and Michael. While Todd and Tom were putting our name in for another restaurant, were we could just sit and talk without so much noise, Donya, Michael and I were talking about relationships and Michael asked a question I thought was interesting. He asked "When does it come to a point when you say 'I've had enough It's not working." After he said that I got to thinking, that doesn't have to apply to our romantic relationships. When does it come to a point in our lives when we say "I've had enough, I cannot do this, it's not working...I need God." We always try to do things our way, but is there a time when we say it's enough.

We let things get to a certain point before we say "your will not mine." And the question I ask is when does it become enough? Jesus even said to God before he was crucified: "Father if you are willing please take this cup of suffering from me. Yet I want your will not mine." Jesus wanted God's will for his life even if it meant that he needed to die. How often do we say that unless life gets too unbearable for us to do it on our own? Or does the struggles go too bad that people tend to walk away from God?

I have had some people ask me how could I still trust God when I was dealing with cancer at such a young age. All I could answer was it was his will. He had a plan for me and for some reason part of the plan was for me to have cancer at this age. He also healed me within months. People see a miracle when they see me. I wanted God's will not mine. I felt like Jesus saying take this cup of suffering from me, but I wanted his will so I went through all the emotions, and feelings and experiences that cancer has to offer.

Anyway when does it become enough for us to say fine have it your way as most people say. God has a plan for all of our lives, everything that happens happens for a reason as part of his will and his plan. So my question to you is: Is it enough? Has it come the time when YOU need say Your will be done, not mine.

No comments: