Jul 22, 2008

Peace

As many of you know I am writing a book. Part of my book talks about knowing that Jesus will always be there and clinging to the peace we can only get through Jesus. The peace that we get from Jesus is like nothing else. No one else can give us that peace. John 14:27 tells us this about Jesus' peace: I am leaving you with a gift -- a peace of mind and peace of heart. And the peace I give isn't like the peace the world gives. So don't be troubled or afraid. We get a special kind of peace from God.

From time to time Todd and I have taken walks in nature, at Ohiopyle or Mingo Park. While there we both get a feeling of peace and I think it's because we are right there in the beauty of God and one cannot deny to power of God when surrounded by nature. I know sometimes it's hard to feel the peace of Jesus at all times, but we always have and when we do we shouldn't worry or have fears. When we put total trust in God, our fears tend to fade and His peace enters.

Sometimes it seems to take everything within us to get that peace of mind and peace of heart when it comes to fears and feeling a sense of trouble. God wants us to have peace, and because of what Jesus did for us we have that peace.

No comments: