Dec 19, 2011

Christmas Thanks

Throughout the year we give thanks during different holidays such as Thanksgiving or Veterans Day. There are times when we just need to stop and give thanks for various things, whether they are big or small. I think a lot of the time people think they need to give thanks for things that big in their lives or the big things people do for them about I think it is the small things that we need to give thanks for the most. This Christmas season I have really been thinking about the things that I am thankful for in my life.

I am thankful to be sitting here today typing this blog. As I was wrapping gifts this morning for those I love I tried to image how life would be if things were different. Would things be the same if I wasn't diagnosed with cancer? Either way, I am thankful for it. I am thankful for the viewpoint and compassion it has given me.

I am thankful for my family. God has granted me with a wonderful family and that includes those I have adopted into my family such as Lau and Melissa new sisters and of course my church family. Every person in my life means more to me than they know and Im starting to wonder if I should begin to remind them how wonderful each and everyone of them are to me.

I am thankful for my three kitties. Yes my kitties, the give me comfort sometimes and make me laugh. Sometimes I sit and wonder what they are thinking when the do certain things. They are a good addition to our home and are so comforting when they allow you to hold them.

There are so many things in life that I am thankful for and honestly there just isn't time in the world to begin to describe everything that I am thankful for in my life. So this season, what are you thankful for, big or small?

No comments: