Jun 11, 2011

Beach Life

so we have been at the beach for a little over a week, almost two weeks.  Tom and I both have jobs and spend has much time as we can at the beach or doing random things.  Today at the beach we saw sting rays playing in the surf.  It was probably one of the neatest things we seen so far.

One even got up on the shore close enough to us to take a picture.  It was neat to see them let the waves push them around and them flip their fins around and swim around us and a few little knc 004ids.  There is nothing like seeing nature, in well nature where it belongs.  Too often we try to take things out their habitat and it gets harder and harder to appreciate wild life for the way it was intended.  I have seen skates and sting rays before at zoos and sea world, but watching them today was completely different.  It was almost like watching a child play in water: swimming and splashing around.  It was simply beautiful.

When I came here a week and a half ago I was somewhat depressed, I missed everyone back home and while I still miss everyone, I am experiencing a lot of things I wouldn’t have if I didn’t come.  I have swam with sting rays, boogie boarded, started to learn to skim board that is until I got hurt, I might try again soon.  At work I am letting my creative side run free with making jewelry, hemp necklaces/bracelets, wire wrapping sea shells and glass.  The sense of adventure and desire to explore more of the island makes me wonder what else could I experience?  I know one day we are going to a lighthouse, one day I am going to spend at the sound, and we both want to learn how to scuba-dive.  There is a lot of different things I want to learn and so little time we will spend here hehe.

No comments: