Nov 30, 2010

Being Sick

For the past weekend I have been sick.  Coughing, running nose, sore throat, the whole nine yards.  Tom was even picking on me tell me that I sounded like a dog barking.  Yea I can feel the love…but he did take care of me making sure I took medicine and making me hot tea.  But me being sick this weekend has gotten thinking about a few things.  When people got sick in the old testament what did they do?  What were the herbal remedies they could have used?

The more I think about it the more I wonder if we have hindered ourselves because we are so dependant on medication whether it is prescribed or over-the-counter.  I tend to wonder if our immune systems are a little more weaker because of that.  At the first sign of a sniffle we run to the pharmacy.  what would happen if we tried to let our bodies fight the infection and drink tea and rest?  Yet with our busy schedules and hectic lives we don’t have the time to just rest and let our bodies do what they were designed to do.

The more I think about that it makes me wonder…would we survive living our lives the way people did in the Bible?

No comments: