Nov 19, 2010

Thanksgiving

Each week I tend to give a short list of the things that I am thankful for.  This week is no different but instead of doing the things and people I am thankful for, I think I am going to do something different.  I am going to pick one of the most important people in my life and give thanks for the things that person does for me and has done for me.  Throughout life we always have someone there supporting us, helping us and whatever else.  I think we need to take time to give that specific person thanks for everything.  I might do this for a couple weeks Im not sure.

This week is someone who I could never live without.  I would not be the woman I am today if I didn’t have this woman in my life as a wonderful role model, support, and friend.  My Mommy.

First and foremost I want to just thank my mom for being the woman she is.  There is so much to learn from her and even though I am 28, I will always need her.  So Thanks mommy.

Supporting me through every hardship; being there when I needed to curl in your lap.

Raising me and Brandon on your own.  It takes a strong woman to be able to that and I think I get my strength from you.

Giving us discipline.  Who knows what we would be like if you didn’t discipline us the way you did.  We may not have liked it then, but thank you.

Teaching me so many lessons that you may not realize that you taught me.

Encouraging me and Brandon go fight for our dreams, and what we believe in.

Providing for us; even if it meant sacrificing your own needs.

Being there to listen to everything we wanted to tell you good or bad.

Pushing us to do our very best and not accepting any less, and showing how proud you are of the accomplishments we both have made.

Those are just a few things that I thank my mom for.  There are so many other things that this could end up being such a HUGE post.  My mom has done so much in the 28 years, that thank you doesn’t seem to suffice and do justice to how much I appreciate my mom.  I love you momma.

No comments: