Sep 8, 2010

Fear

How often do we don’t do something because we are too afraid?  Too often we miss out on things in life because we are afraid to step out of our comfort zones or to try to do something out of the ordinary for us.  There is a quote from a rabbi “Fear is a sneaky thief; stealing away precious moments of life.”  If we allow it fear will take away so much of our lives.

We are afraid to try for that other job, ask that pretty girl out, try a new hobby, or even afraid of an illness we or someone we love may have.  While we are at home afraid to venture out, precious moments fly by.  We miss the possible memories we could be making.  Too often our struggles and hardships cause us to become fearful of various things in life.  I think sometimes when we go through a hardship we have a hard time bringing ourselves out of it because we are afraid of it happening again, of failing, or having to struggle all over again.

Our fears keep us from the finer things in life.  I have my fears with relationships because of my past, if I allowed my fears to take control I would have missed out on someone simply wonderful.  Fear cannot rule our lives and we can’t allow it to.  But how exactly do we keep fear from ruling our lives?

No comments: