Jan 27, 2010

Testimony

Today in Bible Study we were talking about testimonies and some of the people there talked about theirs.  One lady found Christ through her son’s death, one pastor found Christ while injured and more, but that got me thinking about my own “faith story” as Pastor Paul called it.

I grew up knowing God and learning about him from mom and granma lute.  I thought I was strong in my faith with God, but I came to realize I wasn’t.  When I was in my freshman year of college I was faced with many trials at once.  I had girls who were trying to make my life harder by spreading rumors, lashing out at me, one girl even had a private detective following me.  Before all of that happened, I was raped.  A man who I thought cared about me spiked me drink and took what was not his.  I felt worthless, unlovable, dirty, used, tainted, and more.  I blamed myself, hated myself and couldn’t feel God with me, when in fact I shut him out.

The church I was going to at the time went to a show called “Heaven’s Gates, Hells Flame.”  At the end of the show I realized I have never accepted Christ into my life, and it brought me to tears…

No comments: