Jan 3, 2010

Resolutions

Every year people make new years resolutions and there was a time when I did too, but not so much anymore.  Many times when people make resolutions it is something to improve themselves, change about themselves, but I don’t want to change anything about myself.  I am happy the way God made me.  So instead my resolutions, or rather hopes for the new year are a little different.  I strive to make life better, not just for myself but for those around me.  For example I want to make more memories with friends and family.

Sure I want to get a little out of debt this year (appears I can get my credit card paid off this year).  But while I am in debt I am happy, I like paying attention to the little things, so one of my resolutions is to stop and smell the roses more…literally.  To enjoy the sunset more, fine ways to show Casey he matters.  Most of all one of my resolutions is to walk closer to God.  To see his hand in all aspects of my life, not just the ones I want to see, or can plainly see.  I plan to pray more, read/study more, question more, research more.  I believe when I focus more on God and his plan for my life the other things will start to fall into place once again.

Everything seemed to get disheveled, and I am starting to think it is because I took my focus off of God.  Its time to get my focus back to where it belongs.  Things are already looking up they can only get better.

No comments: