Nov 8, 2009

Just thinking

Tonight on my way home from Donya’s (my best friend), I noticed a shooting star off in the distance.  I haven’t seen one since I was a young girl.  I havent thought much on shooting stars since I was younger.  I used to think they held more power than they really do.  Every little kid thinks if they wished upon a star their wish would come true.  Sometimes we carry that way of thinking into adulthood…if I wish something to be one way it is.

How often have you talked yourself into believing something was one way only to find out it wasn’t?  Better question ever talk yourself into being sick?  Almost like that.  Convincing yourself about things.  I look back on things and realize that I have done the with more than being sick.  I have convinced myself of many different things, that things happened one way when in reality it happened another way.

Could wishing be considered the same thing as pray or at least something like it?  I know it’s not really the same thing as prayer, but along the lines, like a little kids way of praying.  Just thinking randomly now…

No comments: