Dec 28, 2010

A Look At the Past year

With the new year coming upon us, I took a few moments to think about the past year and how everything panned out and things that have happened good and bad.  The best thing would of course be meeting Tom because he is simply wonderful but aside from that there are so many good things and some bad things to go with them.  I don’t have to go into detail with them on here; but acknowledging that yes I struggled greatly this year makes me appreciate the good things I have now and the good possibilities of the coming year.

When I look back on this year I realize things that I may not have thought of at the time.  Or seen why something had to happen the way it did, or rather seen things that happened which I thought didn’t happen.  I think about friendships I made, and some that I have lost and the realization that maybe some friendships have drifted and are no longer what I thought they once were and that other friendships are more than what I thought.  I saw different ways that God has helped my finances which helps give me hope for the future.

Sometimes when the new year approaches people are preoccupied with what they want to change in the new year and things that they want to do when the new year comes like lose weight by April or whatever and I admit I may have done some thing like that such as saying I will have my credit card paid of by a certain month.  But the most important thing to do as the year comes to a close is to look back and possibly learn some of the lessons that life was trying to teach us this year.

No comments: