Feb 20, 2010

Could Haves and What Ifs

I am in the middle of reading a book called By The River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept.  Right off the bat it talks about things that makes the readers think.  Paolo simply says “I could have. What does that phrase mean?”  Honestly what does I could have mean?  We' just end up looking back when we think I could have done this or I could have done that.  There are many times throughout life when we could do one thing or another.  That’s part of the decision making in life.  That is part of life in general.  We could go down one path or we could go down another.

While we are looking back and thinking I could have” we also start wondering “What if.”  Those can be two of the most dangerous things we can thing.  What ifs could lead us to regret the good decisions we made because we think “I could have done that, and what if I had.”  Its like when the what ifs and could haves enter our minds we get wrapped up in it and don’t realize what we do have and the right choices that we have made.  Could haves and what ifs only hurt us more than we think they do.  They inhibit us from really moving forward and living the life we deserve to live.  If I sat here thinking, “What if I didn’t buy my car”  Sure i would have 350 or more a month to spend on student loans, BUT (there always has to be a but) I wouldn’t have my own vehicle.  I could have bought a used car, but would it have problems.  I admit I subccomb to the what ifs and could haves and honestly I wish I didn’t.  I wish I could make a decision on not have the what ifs and could haves to enter into my mind.

There are other things that the what ifs enter my head for and those things are things I am working on.  There parts of the what ifs and could haves that we should all work on.  We can never just not wonder what if or think “well I could have” but we can limit it..right?

1 comment:

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.