Aug 27, 2009

Relaxing

Yesterday was my 27th birthday and honestly I didnot feel like I turned 27. I feel so much more younger than that. I spent my day laying out beside our pool and read a book. I finally finished a book within one day, and can move on to the other books that I have sitting on my desk. I enjoyed my day of complete rest and relaxation. It is what i needed, a day in the glory of God. I admit that I didn't spend my day praying or reading the Bible, but I was in the presence of God all day. I felt it all around.

Sometimes I think we are too wrapped up in our daily lives that we don't stop to rest and relax properly and enjoy a nice sunny day the way God intended it to be enjoyed. When we do try to stop and smell the roses thoughts of work, things we need to do, bills and other things pile into our heads and we get distracted. We never just stop and not do anything for a long period of time...especially for an entire day. When we allow our daily worries to interrupt our rest and relaxation, I don't think we realy rest and it begins to wain on us; to take a toll on us. We need to take time to stop and do nothing think of nothing and sit and read a good book, write a story, walk the dog or whatever else we can think of to just relax and not do anything.

I think a lot of the time when we finally stop and relax and not let anything get in the way, we really feel God's presence the most. We feel his arms around us, hear his voice on the wind. Resting and actually relaxing allows us to be more suseptible to God.

No comments: