Aug 12, 2009

God's Beauty



Last night there was supposed to be a meteor shower, but the moon was too bright and I am too close to city lights to have been able to see it. I tried for about an hour to see the wonder of nature, the wonder God created. While I didn't get to see the meteor shower, a dear friend send me some pictures he took from overseas. The picture above is just one of them. In that picture I see the wonder that is God. Everyone wants to put God in this box and not see the work that he does. Or when something happens it is refered to as an act of nature not an act of God. I believe Billy told me the picture above is from a volcano erupting.

God has wonderous powers and is active all around. Too many people think God is dead and isn't active anymore. But he is more than alive an well. I think a lot of the time we are too busy with our own lives to think about the bigger things in life. We want to focus on all the small things that we think are important to see the world in the grander scheme of things...seeing things from the viewpoint of God. I love seeing things like the pictures my friend sent me. It helps keep me grounded and focus on what is truely important in life. God is alive and working up a storm, we just need to actually open our eyes and pay attention to what is around us.

No comments: