Aug 9, 2009

God's Blessings

Last night there was a free concert at a local park. Aaron Shust is an amazing musician who has a talent I wish I had. The Bible talks about using your talents to spread the word. Using what God gave you for God so to speak. I use my talent for writing to write blogs, articles, even a book (even if there are times when it feels like I am not succeeding) to help further the kingdom of God.

As I sat listening to the words of Aaron, I thought about my walk with God and there are things I wish I could change. There are things in my life that needs to be changed, I am not perfect nor would I ever claim to be. I know there are things that I can do to better my walk with God, I mean we all have things that could be changed in our lives and things we could do more of. I could pray more and read my Bible more. Sometimes it is hard to notice all of God's blessings when we are thinking about the things in our lives that could be changed. I think too often we focus on the bad things about our relationship with God, and what I mean if I think we focus too much on what needs to change other than what our strengths are with our walk with God.

I sit here saying I know there are things that need to change in my walk with God, but what about the things that don't need to change? What about the things that make people see God in my life? Surely I am not doing everything wrong and have some things in life that are making a difference. I think the compassion I have is one thing that makes a difference in my walk with God, that I try to see things through his eyes. God blesses us through so many different things and in many different ways. He blessed the Mon-Valley area with a wonderful free concert by Aaron Shust and Beyond The Ashes. They spoke to many people, many teens, within 2 hours or so. Take a look around and instead of thinking what needs to change with your walk with God, look at the blessings he has given you.

No comments: