May 30, 2009

New Job

I recenty got a new job within the Human Services field. I cannot go into details about for confidential reasons. Human services takes a kind of compassion and drive that a lot of people I meet don't seem to have. A lot of people don't want to take care of someone else or be a councelor, or be a part of crisis intervention or whatever else would be considered a part of human services. It takes a lot of a person, mentally, physically and emotionally.

I think back to stories of Jesus and the healings that He performed. He healed lepers: how many people would be willing to touch someone who we thought didn't simply "look right." Jesus healed the blind, deaf, those who could not walk, those who were possessed, and many other things. Dealing in human services is some what the same idea. Dealing with the sick, mentally challenged, mentally instable, eldery, children. People have told my mom the job that she does would be something that Jesus would do. I personaly think it would be anything in the human services field.

I have been wondering the past week how I will be able to handle the odd hours, stress, and emotional strain, but I know God will give me the ability to handle it. God gave me the compassion and desire to this job and I do not think He would make it so that I couldnt be able to handle whatever this job. Sure there will be things that I have to be careful about and guard myself on, but it isn't something that cannot be done. I look forward to this job and thank God that he put something like this in my path and make me a part of this wonderful things SPHS is doing for someone.

No comments: